Driver License Renewal
Military members renewing an Ohio driver license expired more than six months are exempt from knowledge and driving tests if they:
- Have been on active duty in the United States military and present a Leave and Earnings Statement (LES).
- Present an honorable discharge certificate indicating no physical or mental disabilities affect driving ability.
- Had an Ohio driver license at the start of active duty and hold an expired out-of-state license while still on active duty or within six months of discharge date.
- Apply no later than six months after the date of discharge or separation and present a DD214.
- Hold an expired out-of-state license while still on active duty or within six months of discharge date.
A vision screening is required.
Volunteer/Military Spouse or Dependent
To renew a driver license, members of the Peace Corps, AmeriCorps VISTA, U.S. Department of State Foreign Service or applicants who are the spouse or dependent of a military member must:
- Present evidence of service indicating no physical or mental disabilities affect driving ability.
- Have had an Ohio driver license when service began.
- Apply no later than six months after leaving service or no later than six months from the date the military spouse or guardian was honorably discharged.
Where Do I Go?
Ohio Revised Code: 4507.10 (C & D)