The option to translate this page is provided via third party application. The ODPS/BMV cannot guarantee the accuracy of the translation made available through this service. Users accept the risk of inaccurate translations.

Vehicle Titles

Other Vehicle Types


Mini-Trucks, USVs, and UTVs are not motor vehicles by Ohio law.

Road Use Requirements

Utility vehicles, under speed vehicles, and mini-trucks are titled for ownership purposes upon the owner's request. However, a certificate of title is not required when only being used on private property.

The authorization to operate these vehicles on public roads is at the discretion of the local authority of each jurisdiction where the vehicle will be operated (see Ohio Revised Code 4511.215). Please contact the local law enforcement in the city, township, village, or applicable jurisdiction for the ordinances and/or laws.

The Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) does not supersede the authorization of the local authority of a jurisdiction. Each vehicle MUST successfully pass the required vehicle inspection (DPS 1373) performed by EACH local law enforcement prior to obtaining registration for limited on-road use. Click HERE for more information on the equipment requirements for road use.

If using the vehicle for limited on-road use, you must obtain title and registration (see above for road use requirements)

What Do I Need to Bring to the Title Office?

The following evidence is required at the time of titling and is subject to the discretion of the issuing county Clerk of Courts title office:

  • Application for Certificate of Title to a Motor Vehicle form (BMV 3774)
  • Proof of ownership (one of the following):
    • Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO)
    • Assigned title from this state or another state
    • Bill of sale from a retail business or individual
    • Sworn statement of ownership
    • Other evidence required by law of another state from which the vehicle was brought into this state
  • An affidavit for titling MT, UTV, and USV vehicles (form 3722), which will be completed at a County title office.

Payment for title fees, including a lienholder notation (if applicable), and sales tax on the purchase price (sales tax rates by county are available HERE) or proof of tax paid to a retail business are required at the time of titling.

For registration requirements, click HERE.

Ohio Revised Code: 4501.01 4511.214 4511.215

Ohio Administrative Code: 4501-30

Have Questions?

Please contact us at (614) 752-7671 or email Ask Titles

Monday - Friday
8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.

Stay Connected

Get the latest news and updates directly in your inbox.