The option to translate this page is provided via third party application. The ODPS/BMV cannot guarantee the accuracy of the translation made available through this service. Users accept the risk of inaccurate translations.

Vehicle Titles

Titling a Motor Vehicle

Title a Repossessed Vehicle

To receive a repossession title, the secured party (financial institution or individual) must surrender the Ohio title assigned in the name of the lienholder and pay a title fee.

What Do I Need to Bring to the Title Office?

  • Ohio title assigned in the name of the lienholder
  • Certified copy of the security agreement that includes the name and address of the debtor and secured party, the terms of the contract and a description of the secured collateral - year, make, model and vehicle identification number (VIN)
  • For out-of-state titles only, an out-of-state VIN inspection; inspections can be obtained at any Ohio deputy registrar license agency (click HERE for current fee) or any licensed Ohio motor vehicle dealership (call ahead for fee)
  • Applicant affidavit to establish mileage (if applicable)
  • Acceptable identification (please contact your County Clerk of Courts Title Office for details)
  • Payment for title fees
Have Questions?

Please contact us at (614) 752-7671 or email Ask Titles

Monday - Friday
8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.

Stay Connected

Get the latest news and updates directly in your inbox.