Driver License & ID Cards
Ohio's Real ID First Issuance Renewal Restrictions Non-U.S. Citizens Commercial Driver – CDL Motorcycle/Scooter Mandatory Insurance Identification Cards Other Information Acceptable Documents
It is law in Ohio that you must have insurance to drive any motor vehicle. A vehicle owner may not allow anyone else to drive their motor vehicle without insurance.
- Proof of insurance must be shown at traffic stops, accident scenes, and vehicle inspections.
- Minimum required for insurance coverage:
- $25,000 for injury/death of one person
- $50,000 for injury/death of two or more people
- $25,000 for property damage in an accident
Ohio Revised Code: 4507.212, 4509.101
Ohio Administrative Code: 4501:1-2